Organ Concert, 22Aug, Day 9

After class I went to the grocery store to buy a loaf of bread, meat, and cheese to make lunch. There are so many different cheeses, and I don’t recognize many of them, but provolone dulce is a pretty good one. (Not very stinky.) I also picked up the cheapest bottle of wine, 750ml for 1.09€. I figure I could work my way up from the bottom.

After lunch I went back to school to look at some apartment listings online. Several hours, and 6 websites later I had my list of options and it was time to go for dinner before the organ concert later that day.

I went to Da Willy, -home of the enormous pizza, where I ordered a respectably colossal calzone and insalada mista before rushing off to the metro to meet the other students going to the concerto. The concert was in a beautifully decorated baroque-style cathedral, but the music was pretty heavy to listen to for an hour. I think that organs can play too may notes at once, and it can cause it to sound dissonant.

After the concert we went to Valintina’s house for some pasta. The linguini with wine homemade by her uncle was superb, and the conversation that followed equally enjoyable. Her home is decorated by many art peaces made by her boyfriend, and has the feeling of home rather than a transient/student residence. I wonder when will be the next time I live in a place that also feels like home….

A couple of pictures of the concert, dinner, and the apartment I've been staying in





No comments: