Found a New Sport, 21Aug, Day 8

After class I went to lunch with 3 of my Brazilian classmates. We didn’t have to look far to find an open café today. The city is really starting to come back to life! For 8€ I had a nice lunch of pasta al ragu (meat sauce) a cutlet, salad, and water.

After lunch I went back to school to answer some emails and begin to look for an apartment listing online. By 4:30 I felt tired of the computer lab, and decided to accept an invitation from a few of my classmates to go with them to watch Garfield 2 in the theater near the duomo. Of course it’s a kids movie, but I was pleased by how much I found to be understandable.

I watched the setting sun’s rays paint the eastern side of the Duomo salmon-pink while enjoying a vanilla/strawberry gelato before beginning the walk home. I walked home via a more westerly route today and discovered a park behind two churches called the parche delle basilliche where some of the locals were out walking their dogs in the shaded grass. I popped out near the plaz. 24 Maggio where there was an old timer in a grey suite with an orange tie and a Yankees cap playing the guitar. It was quite comical, but charming at the same time.

I returned to the apt and chatted with Rosella and her friend for a while before retiring to my room. I ha planned to do some studying but was being hit pretty hard by the mosquitoes and decided to fight back. I think I killed more than a dozen in my room. Tomorrow I will begin to keep score. How many bits I have vs how many mosquitoes I kill. I’d say right not it is a draw.

No comments: