Dinner at the Brazilian’s (in Vercelli), 24Aug, Day 11

After class I went with Leonardo and his wife Fernanda to eat a pizza before meeting Vicente and Tetsuo at the central station to go to their apartment in Vercelli. Vercelli is a smaller city/town in piedmonte, about half way to Torino, and an hour by train. We arrived, got a gelato, and began exploring the city. The city center is a quaint square, and the tree-lined streets leading up to it where old people crowded cafes made for memorable images. We looked at some photos and drank some matè, (a regional south American tradition) while fernanda prepared a delicious dinner.

I really enjoyed this dinner with my classmates because I’ve mostly been eating alone. I hope that we can make this a more common occurrence, maybe alternating between venues.





No comments: