21 May, Day 14, Story time

I had dinner with my neighbors tonight. Sometimes they remind me of my grandparents –when they were younger. I didn’t think the food was much to speak of, but I enjoyed hearing some stories about living in Naples during WWII until they got repetitive. They included: housing the troops in exchange for food and medicine, when the flying fortresses flew over the city and blocked out the sun, being rescued from the wine cellar when their house was bombed, the contraband markets, liberation by the Americans, and many others. Then the discussion shifted towards the predictions of a hot summer and global warming. I was very surprised to see Dante had a book about Entropy by Rifkin. I learned about this author during college, but was surprised to see one of his books translated into Italian, much less at the house of my neighbors. I guess they’re more educated than I first assumed…

No comments: