15May, Day 8, Looking back and forward

I sipped some Moscato D’Asti grappa on ice and read through the entries of my first 10 days. This grappa comes from grape skins used to make champagne and taste much less like JP8 (jet fuel) than some of the others, but I have no doubt that you could still use it as a degreaser. I still have a vivid recollection of those sparkly first days in Italy. Reliving the back entries was almost a spiritual experience. I’m glad I came here. But I’m reminded of a poem I read in high school by Robert Frost about, “Something golden never stays.” I wonder if rereading the poem will yield the same message as it did back then. I’ll cut the mushy stuff because I nearly fell asleep at the lingua bar this evening. I would like to suck the rest of the juice out of this experience and begin my next great endeavor. I would like something that can trump this experience. I just have to discover what it is… Suggestions?

No comments: