Jan 10, Day 0, Season 2

After a brief vacation, I'd like to welcome all of you to the second season of The ItalianJob06.

It’s the night before I fly back to Italy. I’m having some trouble sleeping so came I to talk to my old friend –the blog. It always listens.

It’s been a great holiday seeing the family in New York, and then having two weeks in Florida to go to an awesome new years party on South beach, see old friends, relax, play golf, go to the beach, squeeze in some windsurfing, and contemplate my next endeavor in post-Italy life. I’m not sure when exactly “post-Italy” will begin, but I’m starting to look ahead because things take time to setup. I don’t want to get caught on my heels without a fantastic new prospect if my client does not offer me a new contract this spring, (Or if I don’t agree to accept what is offered)

What do you think of Apple announcing their new iPhone? I predicted they were going to make a phone 6 months ago. Maybe I should be a fortuneteller? -Or at least start trading stocks again.

I think I’m ready to try sleeping again.

I enjoyed talking to a dolphins chearleader on the plane from Ft. Lauderdale to Boston before I had a political-looking guy kick me out of his exit-row seat. I moved across the aisle and had the row to myself. The chearleader moved up to first class.

I enjoyed some warm memories of Boston walking though the airport from Terminal A to E. Of course this included doing the usual dance passing though security again, and waiting online at the check in desk to get my boarding pass from Alitalia. Before long it was time to board the plane in a semi-orderly – semi-italian manner and say goodbye to America again.

My first impression of Alitalia was good. But that was the business class. I arrived at my seat: 12J, next to a kid wearing a thin headband to hold up his long hair. We chatted a bit and he told me he’s going to Italy to play on a soccer team. That seemed like a bold move for a 16 year old, but I guess courage is a prerequisite of being a champion.

I thoroughly enjoyed finishing the rest a book I got for Christmas, The Bella Figura, before dinner was served. I’ve really appreciated this satirical book on the psychology/psychosis of the Italian mind because I can totally relate to just about everything he talks about. It’s kind of like my blog on steroids. –Or crack. I think it’s a must read for anyone planning to spend more than a few days in Italy.

After dinner I struggled to go into hypersleep because my seat wouldn’t recline and there was a baby crying loud enough to pierce though my earplugs on and off for the whole flight.

No comments: