Moving in, 2Sept, Day 20

The move went surprisingly smoothly. I lugged my luggage down to the curb and waited for a taxi that Rosella had called for me. 30 later, I was outside my apartment in Monza, met the proprietaria, and lugged my baggage upstairs. I think there is a reason the airlines do not like you to take more than 100 pounds of luggage. –BECAUSE IT IS 50 POUNDS TOO MUCH! We packed for this trip as though I was going to the moon, and as a result I have a sore back. With 18 dress shirts, 16 T-shirts, 14 long-sleeve shirts, 5 dress-pants, 4 sweaters… I don’t think I’ve worn a sweater 4 times in the last two years. If I wear each dress shirt twice, I should be able to hold out until mid-late October before going to the dry cleaners.
After starting unpacking, I walked across town in search of a few household items. My biggest concern is that this apartment has a tub with no shower curtain. I’m already drafting a simple structure to build with my pocket knife that will support the curtain without damaging the apartment walls.
Here are some pictures of my apartment:




No comments: