Dec 16, Day 125, Farewells

I’ve become increasingly excited about going home each day for the past couple of weeks. But when the big day finally came, I felt a little gloomy saying arrivederci. I’m happy to finally go, but this undeniably marks the halfway point in my Italian adventure -unless I decide to extend it. I’m extremely pleased with my decision to come here, and all that has passed since my arrival, but I thought I’d would somehow see more, do more, and build stronger relationships. I guess I set a high bar. These 4 months have passed incredibly fast, and somehow I feel “behind schedule.” I’ll consider corrective actions one my return (like booking low-cost flights to places I’ve been meaning to visit and programming some more social opportunities by joining gym or salsa class,) but right now I can’t wait to see the family!

No comments: